- Cost for 8 weeks £24.00
We are really excited to be offering a Platinum Fitness Walking class suitable for those aged 65 and over. The class is open to ladies and gents and will be held at Hollybush Recreation ground in Sevenoaks.
The course will be run over 8 weeks, starting with short flat walks on gentle ground. During the course we will introduce some more rural walking with the aim of reaching 2 - 3 miles in 8 weeks. Of course all exercise is much more fun if you can enjoy a cuppa and a chat afterwards, *this is included in the course cost.
Walking is a fantastic way to keep us healthy - there are numerous benefits including
- Helping to control your weight
- Making the heart muscle stronger
- Reduces the risk of developing cancer
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes
- Can help reduce the risk of osteoporosis
- Can reduce the risk of dementia
- Increases your mood and sense of wellbeing
- Improve your balance
- Reduce the risk of falls
The course will aim to be sociable and encouraging everyone to have fun in the class. The class is aimed at people who are new to exercise so no experience is needed, just come along wearing loose comfortable clothes and comfortable outdoor shoes.
Cost - The cost is £24 for 8 weeks.
Payment can be made by
- Online payment via our secure website - click here this will take you to a payment box.
- Cheque made payable to Ladies Joggers UK
- Cash in a named sealed envelope. Cheques & cash can be brought to the first class marked Platinum Walking.
Booking your space - ten spaces available
This can be done by
- Completing the Register your interest box below OR by
- Emailing us on email@example.com OR
- Call us on 07801254334 Please note the office is closed after 4.30 and at weekends.
Once you have made your payment you will receive an email from us welcoming you to our sessions - keep an eye out in your spam file as sometimes it goes in there!
Can't make this term but interested for the future? Register your details here and we'll keep you updated.
*The course cost includes a regular white or black coffee or tea at Hollybush Cafe after the walk. Alternative drinks are available to purchase should you wish.