So why the SLJ Beginner Jogging Course? Why should you join it, why not learn on line or using an app? The truth is you could do it on your own but you'd be missing out on
- Detailed Pre- Course information, what to wear, eat etc.
- Friendly experienced coaches who will look after you every step of the way.
- Small groups so you get personal attention and a dedicated beginner coach.
- Running technique advice personal to YOU.
- Weekly information emails covering a range of running topics.
- Discounted fitball, Hi Met and Yoga classes with SLJ.
- Post course Improvers groups.
To join this course absolutely no experience is necessary, all you need is a sense of humour and a decent bra. Our course eases you into jogging starting with just 30 seconds at a time. All beginners courses meet at Hollybush Recreation Ground in Sevenoaks, there are toilets, free parking and a lovely cafe for a hot drink at the end of your run.
We leave promptly at 9.15 and start with our tried and tested SLJ warm up. After this we do our jog session, this is a jog/walk programme which has been perfected over the last 13 years of running these courses, and it works!! You will be back at Hollybush by about 10.40am.
At the end of the jog we will then do a group stretch and perhaps you may then enjoy a nice coffee in the Lodge Cafe!? In general the whole session takes about an hour and a quarter, don't worry - you won't be jogging all that time.