SLJ 8 week beginner jogging courses are perfect for those who would like to learn to jog, and enjoy it, in the company of others. The course costs £65 for the 8 weeks PLUS a FREE taster class to meet the coaches and ask questions.
January 2018 Beginner Jogging courses will be on Saturdays, Mondays and Wednesdays at 9.15am leaving from Hollybush Recreation Ground. Choose which day suits you best and if you need to swap to another day one week, we can be flexible.
Why not sign up for our free taster session and see if it's something you'd enjoy? Click Here if you are even the teeniest bit interested!
The course will give you:
- Detailed Pre- Course information, what to wear, eat etc.
- Friendly experienced coaches who will look after you every step of the way.
- Small groups so you get personal attention and a dedicated beginner coach.
- Running technique advice personal to YOU.
- Weekly information emails covering a range of running topics.
- Discounted fitball, Hi Met and Yoga classes with SLJ.
- Post course Improvers groups.
Absolutely no experience is necessary, all you need is a sense of humour and a decent bra. Our tried & tested course eases you into jogging starting with just 30 seconds at a time. All beginners courses meet at Hollybush Recreation Ground in Sevenoaks, there are toilets, free parking and a lovely cafe for a hot drink at the end of your run.
We leave promptly at 9.15 and start with our tried and tested SLJ warm up. After this we do our jog session, this is a jog/walk programme which has been perfected over the last 13 years of running these courses, and it works!! You will be back at Hollybush by about 10.40am.
At the end of the jog we will then do a group stretch and perhaps you may then enjoy a nice coffee in the Lodge Cafe!? In general the whole session takes about an hour and a quarter, don't worry - you won't be jogging all that time.